Re: Sandisk Cruzer USB flash drive -- gaah!

On Mon, 2004-03-01 at 12:31, Matt Price wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:21:47PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Matt Price wrote:
> > > hub.c: new USB device 00:11.2-1.2, assigned address 19
> > > usb-uhci.c: interrupt, status 2, frame# 1292
> > > usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=19 (error=-110)
> > > hub.c: new USB device 00:11.2-1.2, assigned address 20
> > > usb.c: USB device not accepting new address=20 (error=-110)
> >
> > I've seen this a few times with my lexar jumpdrive, and just doing an
> > /etc/init.d/hotplug restart fixed it.
> >

> thanks for the idea, but no luck here.  I continue to get the same
> error I had before...  Hotplug also gives the following output:
>
> /home/matt]$ sudo /etc/init.d/hotplug restart
> Restarting hotplug subsystem:Stopping hotplug subsystem: input pci
> usb.
> Starting hotplug subsystem: input** can't synthesize input events -
> /proc/bus/input/devices missing
>  pci** can't synthesize pci hotplug events
>  usb.
>
> I htink this is harmless, though.

What kernel are you running? I think I saw somewhere that 2.6.x breaks
the current version of hotplug. However, my understanding and experience
is that hotplug scripts dont actually take care of recognizing and
registering hotplugged hardware (the kernel does that) They just allow
you to do random tasks when triggered by hotplug events (ie. mount the
hotplugged device automatically or whatever you like)

-davidc