Re: LDAP client configuration question

On Monday 08 March 2004 05:23 pm, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> I am relatively newbie in LDAP area, so please excuse me if the question
> is not interesting.
>
> We have an LDAP server up and running redhat 8. I know that the ldap
> server is functioning properly because I can access it from other redhat
> machines. But I am not able to access it from a client runnind Debian
> testing.
>
> The configuration file I am using is as follows (I obtained this
> configuration file from the redhat machines). I would like to know what
> I have to do/read to set up this LDAP client. I have read the
> LDAP-HOWTO.html. From what I understood, it discusses only server setup
> but no discussion about client set up... I also browsed google but could
> not get anything useful (or may be wrong keywords)..
>
> host k2.mae.cornell.edu
>
> base o=cttg,c=US
>
> ssl no
>
> pam_password md5
>

> regards
> raju

You need to install libnss-ldap, libpam-ldap, and nscd.  You should probably
take a look at:  http://people.debian.org/~torsten/ldapnss.html
for more info.  He talks both about the server and some client info.
Actually, where he talks about doing libpam-ldap and libnss-ldap are relevant
for the client.

John