Re: ATI Radeon 7500 & Woody - Unknown Chipset (0x5157)

Hallo
I've taken a look at my log output and for now, I put my head in ashes, throw
myself to the ground and plea for mercy.
So, I'm using XFree 4.2 (and mybe that's the reason, it works for me and my
Radeon 8500). Your (and mine) card are abviously not listed in the supported
device list of the ati driver (and Your Xfree86 logfile).
Why do I use 4.2 in combination with woody? I've gone to the dri Homepage,
some time ago and installed the debian-dri packages (inofficial ones from
people.debian.org/~daenzer/dri-trunk) and oviously, there was some X 4.2
package among them (that was exchanged without me noticing).
So maybe this is a way to get not only Your video card working but also
accelerated 3D in X. You might want to get a look here:
http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/
Best regards,
   js
--