Re: XServer Problem

Tomy Alarie (<tomyalarie@hotmail.com>) wrote:

Hi, i've posted a topic about my Pentium 100 Mhz recently, i did just
not solve my problem. I have an Avance Logic Inc PCI video card and a
Magitronic Screen. I've installed everything with debconf and tryed
with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to install with and without
framebuffer device. Nothing works, i see only half of the screen when
login in graphic mode at startup or when i launch kde.

You are restarting your session manager between configurations, right?

Re-run "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86" and tinker with the resolution and color depth settings. Start with 640x480 at 8-bit color and move up from there. You might also try the VESA and/or VGA drivers.

--
Kent