Re: XServer Problem

Hello

Tomy Alarie (<tomyalarie@hotmail.com>) wrote:

> Hi, i've posted a topic about my Pentium 100 Mhz recently, i did just
> not solve my problem. I have an Avance Logic Inc PCI video card and a
> Magitronic Screen. I've installed everything with debconf and tryed
> with dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 to install with and without
> framebuffer device. Nothing works, i see only half of the screen when
> login in graphic mode at startup or when i launch kde.

Check on <http://xfree86.org> if your card is supported by XFree 4.1
(Documentation/Support if I remember correctly). If it is not
supported, try one of the packages from XFree 3.3.6. They are also
included in Woody. The XFree documentation should be able to tell you
which one you need.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674