Re: Re: base system, no x windows yet,HOW?

>ts (<tshew@flashmail.com>) wrote:

> It's said that the NIC network cards  of EPOX-8rda3g MB would be in
> function  under kernel 2.4.20. should I upgrade the current woody
> kernel to sarge and thus to set up networking and complet my debian
> installation?

Get 2.4.24 or 2.4.25 from backports.org instead. Or build your own
kernel. The precompiled images should have everything you need.

Hi!Andreas,

which   following command    should I enter when installing kernel 2 .4.25 (from backports.org):

"apt-get install tk8.2 make gcc bin86 libc6-dev kernel-package"

"apt-get install libncurses5-dev make gcc bin86 libc6-dev kernel-package"

"apt-get install  kernel-package"

???

you see now here's only base system get installed ,no x windows yet.

Regards!

Tom
8/3/2004