Re: Debian on Dell

I've had nothing but success using name brand dell/hp computers with debian.
I only run servers, all my desktop linux machines run redhat-9.
If I could get the hardware auto detection working on debian, I would use
it on desktops. That is another story.
If it works with rhel, it will probable work with debian.
all my dell systems use an intel network card. (Integrated network card.)
just go download the nvidia src rpm package from nvida to recompile for
your kernel. Then debianize to install.
I think nvidia-source debs are in the repository.

--
--Luke CS Sysadmin, Montana State University-Bozeman