Re: Configuring X server

Joseph wrote:

How to configure X in Debian.

I must have don't some configuration incorrectly as I can not read any
fonts on the screen. Ctrl+Alt+1 is showing the same unreadable fonts.

Perhaps you have some internationalization settings set incorrectly. I'm afraid int'l'zation is beyond me. Or perhaps your terminal is confused; you might try typing blindly "reset" after logging in on VT1 or 2.

Lilo will not prompt at boot time either.

Try pressing the left Shift key early on in the process to get a boot: prompt (right after the POST). Alternatively, boot from the installer CD or a Knoppix CD and fix your lilo.conf so it offers you a boot prompt (or wait and fix the boot prompt with a normal boot after you've gotten your fonts issue fixed).