Re: Debian Slow?

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 02:11:14PM +0100, Karol Czachorowski wrote:
> To speed up my debian I have many packages rebuilded with optimalization
> flags. But sometimes it's hard to pass flags to compilator. And
> apt-build is definitely not good for that task. It will be very usefull
> to standarize it for debian (e.g. adds few lines in every package in
> debian/rules file with commands to overwrite defaults flags for
> compilers).

You're right about it sometimes being hard to pass compiler flags. I
do horrible things like renaming 'gcc-2.95' to 'realgcc-2.95' and
having a script called 'gcc-2.95' as a wrapper which reads my
preferred options from a file. I believe pentium-builder does the same
sort of thing, but I'd done the wrapper thing before I heard of that.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons