Re: how to stop exim running the queue automatically

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 09:37:38PM +0530, Dr. Sharukh K. R. Pavri. wrote:
> What can I do such that the queued messages are *only* set when I manually
> run the queue ?
<snip>
> I usually send out the mail with exim -q.
>
> Presently what I do is after composing the mail in mutt, I postpone the
> mesage and only send it once I have checked my mail.

Don't have exim running as a daemon at all - either reconfigure it and
tell it not to run as a daemon, or just 'rm /etc/rc?.d/S*exim' by
hand. Also, depending on how you connect, you might need to remove the
exim script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d, so it doesn't run the queue
automatically when you dial up.

--
Pigeon

Be kind to pigeons