Re: exim "Frozen" messages?

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 10:40:31AM -0500, S.D.A. wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 06:47:23PM -0500 or thereabouts, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> > On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:20:51PM +0100, David Jardine wrote:
>
> <cut>
>
> > | to prevent some embarrassingly old stuff getting out.
> >
> > Deleting the information cache like that doesn't delete any messages
> > from the queue.  Old messages on the queue will still be sent.  See
> > what is on the queue by running 'mailq'.  Remove a message by running
> > 'exim -Mrm <id>' where <id> is a message id obtained from 'mailq' or
> > the log file.
>
> Dman -- Is there a way to do this with all the que'ed messages at once?
>
> I just looked and I have almost 50 messages in the mailq. Very time
> consuming to do each one by one.

The command is really

exim -Mrm <list of ids>

Cut-n-paste (dbl-click on output of mailq then middle-click) works well
but I suppose you could write a script to parse the output of mailq.

--
"Prohibition...goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to
 control a man's appetite by legislation and makes a crime out things