Re: presentation app

On Thu, Mar 04, 2004 at 02:41:49AM +0100, Andreas Goesele wrote:
> "Eduardo Gargiulo" <egargiulo@ar.homelinux.org> writes:
>
> > Hi all
> >
> > I'm looking for some debianized application for making
> > presentations, using slides, images, etc, that could run on an AMD
> > K6II with 160Mb of RAM with woody 3.0_r1.
>
> I settled for prosper, a LaTeX class which produces beautiful
> presentations and comes with a sizeable number of templates. Only
> downside: One has to use acroread to show them (available as
> unofficial deb package) as xpdf isn't up to the task.

Prosper rules! That said, please don't use acroread. Why don't you use
pspresent? Keep prosper at the pdf setting, but produce a postscript
file. Works very well. Mind you, you might have to specify pspresent -O
SeaScape to get the orientation right. Of course, you could hack your
postscript file to get it right, :-)

David

--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus. Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!