Re: Installing nvu:"the html editor for L--dows"

David Baron wrote:
> If you already have Debian up and running, you do not need Lindows.

Agreed

> Nvu is a Mozilla operation. If you have a recent Mozilla, it should play. I

I use the latest version from mozilla.org

> have not installed Nvu as of yet but downloaded it for both Linux and
> W--dows.
>
> I had previous played with Komodo which is a GUI-IDE for perl, python, PHP and
> others. Also, Mozilla. An alternative to Java for a multi-platform
> application with Mozilla's rendering and GUI functions.
>
> On Thursday 04 March 2004 07:30, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org
> wrote:
> > I'm eager to try out nvu, without finding a spare
> > box / partition to install lindows upon.
> > Yes they are giving l--dows away again.
> > http://nvu.com/download.html
> >
> > How would I ensure that my debian unstable system would
> > have the right packages required?
> >
> > Do I install this nvu-0.1.tar.gz by moving it from the archive
> > to .... and .... mark something executable?

The install instructions from the Nvu site are very sparse. The tar.gz file
only contains a directory subdirectorys and the executables. There are no
docs,Readme or install files.

When it runs it looks like a useful WYSIWYG html application, but I don't
consider it really ready for prime time. There is no help documentation.

I found it a PITA to install and get running. YMMV.

Have fun.
--
Cheers
Russ.