Re: chroot ssh logins

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:16:45AM -0500, Christopher Davis wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have found a few how-to's on the net for creating user jails with
> ftp so users cannot browse outside of their home directories.  That's
> what I am looking to do, but with ssh when the user logs in.

> TIA!
> Christopher Davis

Hi Christopher,

You want chrootssh.sf.net. This is how I got it working on a Debian
Woody installation. It assumes you have something like

deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian woody main contrib non-free

In sources.list:

$ su -c "apt-get install build-essential"
$ apt-get source openssh
$ patch -p0 < /tmp/osshChroot-3.4.diff
$ cd openssh-3.4p1
$ debuild
$ dch -i "Applied patch from chrootssh.sf.net"
$ su -c debi

It builds a .deb and installs it for you, also updates your
changelog.Debian

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix