onshore-timesheet: no connection to the server... clues, please?

Hi,

I have overcome all the previous hurdles, but this one has me stumped.
In the left frame, it says the following:

Sorry, I cannot complete your request:
o Cannot connect to backend: localhost:5432:timesheet:
  no connection to the server
If you feel this is a bug, please report it.

First thing I did was to try to subscribe to the onshore-timesheet ML,
but it no longer exists.

I have postgresql working fine with bookmarker, so I know the postmaster
is running, and is accepting connections on the TCP port.  The error is
NOT what the onshore manual gives as a symptom of a user id/permission
problem.  And there are no error messages anywhere. The apache logs
note the access (no errors), but no other log file in /var/log is
modified at all.

Still the only thing that I can think of it might be is a user problem.
I have added (with psql timesheet) user admin and guest but that doesn't
make any difference.  It looks like onshore-timesheet comes back with
the error before even attempting to communicate with postgresql.
I have bookmarker working fine with with the following pg_hba.conf:

local        all					 ident sameuser
host         all         127.0.0.1     255.0.0.0         password
host         all         0.0.0.0       0.0.0.0           reject

Could this be the problem?  I'd rather not change something that will
break bookmarker...

Is anyone else running onshore-timesheet? (I'm trying to run 2.3-3 that
comes with 3.0r2)

Can anyone give me some hint before I start digging into the code?
Well, even if I did it might not be an onshore-timesheet problem...

Thanks.

A.