Re: md: can not impport hdb1, has active inodes!

On 3 Mar 2004 at 10:40, Neil Brown wrote:

> Wrong.
>  mkfs -t ext3 /dev/md0
> then mount /dev/md0.
> Once you have included /dev/hdc1 in an array, don't touch it again -
> just access the array (/dev/md0).

Sorry, I was being hasty in writing the Email, that's what I did,
i.e. mkfs the /dev/md0 drive.  That's not the problem.

> You missed a step (step 9).  You have to reboot so that /dev/md0 is
> your root device. Once you have done that and are happy with it, you
> add in /dev/hdb1 and let it resync.
Ditto: did that, no go.

Thanks,

PSYCTC: Psychotherapy, Psychology, Psychiatry, Counselling
   and Therapeutic Communities; practice, research,
   teaching and consultancy.
Chris Evans & Jo-anne Carlyle
http://psyctc.org/ Email: chris@psyctc.org