Re: wireless bridge, & nic IP addressing (FIXED)

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:34:52 -0800
Kevin Buhr <buhr@telus.net> wrote:

> "Rodney D. Myers" <rdmyers@pe.net> writes:
> >
> > I just got my wireless internet this morning, and have
> > run into a small problem.
> >
> > The wireless bridge, attached to my nic has been
> > assigned a static IP(for the time being), and to get my
> > nic (eth0) to find it, it was also assigned an IP
> > address in my ISP's range. Not a good thing.
>
> Assuming you haven't already solved your problem...

As a matter of fact, I "fixed" the dumb thing about 2 hours ago.

The ISP is just starting, and the owner lives about 4 miles away. He set things up.. The bridge went out, so I had to reset everything in it.

This time, I left the IP address field blank, but inputted the gateway address for his gateway. It worked.

And I'm surfing through it right now, posting through my 'old' ISP's web mail.

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO:

        Ben Franklin - 1759