Re: wireless bridge, & nic IP addressing (FIXED)

On Mon, 01 Mar 2004 17:34:52 -0800
Kevin Buhr <buhr@telus.net> wrote:

> "Rodney D. Myers" <rdmyers@pe.net> writes:
> >
> > I just got my wireless internet this morning, and have
> > run into a small problem.
> >
> > The wireless bridge, attached to my nic has been
> > assigned a static IP(for the time being), and to get my
> > nic (eth0) to find it, it was also assigned an IP
> > address in my ISP's range. Not a good thing.
> Assuming you haven't already solved your problem...

As a matter of fact, I "fixed" the dumb thing about 2 hours ago.

The ISP is just starting, and the owner lives about 4 miles away. He set things up.. The bridge went out, so I had to reset everything in it.

This time, I left the IP address field blank, but inputted the gateway address for his gateway. It worked.

And I'm surfing through it right now, posting through my 'old' ISP's web mail.

Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>	Registered Linux User #96112
ICQ#:     AIM#:       YAHOO:
18002350  mailman452  mailman42_5

        Ben Franklin - 1759