Re: Hardware clock, and getting it set to UTC?

* Derrick 'dman' Hudson (dman@dman13.dyndns.org) [040301 12:15]:
> BTW, it's "fun" to set the hardware clock to UTC on a dual-boot
> Debian-Windows system.  Windows doesn't "get it" and thus displays UTC
> as if it was EST.  Just remember never to set the clock to local time
> while Windows is running, or then Debian will have an incorrect notion
> of what the current UTC time is.

At an old consulting job, I had to keep a windows partition around for
crappy time-reporting software.  I just told windows my local time zone
was UTC, and this worked pretty well.  Of course, the clock showed UTC,
but at least any mail I sent from there didn't claim to be from 8 hours
in the future any more.

good times,
"As we enjoy great advantages from inventions of others, we should be glad
of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours; and this we
should do freely and generously."	--Benjamin Franklin