Re: Distributed Jukeboxes for LAN

On Sunday 29 February 2004 18:47, Bill Moseley shoved this in my mailbox:
> Just looking for suggestions on a distributed jukebox for mostly audio
> files for my home lan.  There seems to be a few available but wanted to
> see if anyone here has a favorite.

I use netjuke:
http://www.netjuke.org/

I like it, it supports streaming and local playback on the server but I
haven't tried that.

It's a PHP webapp, so easy to hack : ) You'll need a webserver (I use apache)
with php support, a database (several are supported, I use mysql, but
postgresql is an option) and all the ogg files you can handle (or mp3 is you
want).

Setup is a breeze and it's actively developed.

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.