Re: arecord ?

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004, Alexis Huxley wrote :

» Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 10:32:21 +0000 (UTC)
» From: Alexis Huxley <ahuxley@gmx.net>
» To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
» Subject: Re: arecord ?
»
» > I have an ISA card CS4236, using ALSA driver-latest one,  which otherwise works
» > fine, the microphone does work fine, but can't make any sound-recording program
» > to work with it - ecasound, arecord.
» >
» > Both programs generate output, programs end recording fine, but no sound
» > is recorded.
» >
» > Is there some sort of setting order sound-record to work ?
»
» Is the mic muted? 'tkmixer' is quite a nice little mixer program to
» check these things with.
»
» Can you record from other sources? What about if you set the recording
» source (using 'tkmixer') to be under the 'Vol' button? i.e. you're
» record the mixed input rather than directly from one of the unmixed
» sources?
»
» What command are you using to record? What's the complete command
» line? What's the output? If you run 'file <recorded-data-file>'
» what does it say?
» Alexis

I use alsamixer and mic works, I can use it with gnomemeeting for example.

Command arecord -d 10 -f cd -t wav a.wav

does record a file a.wav but that does not contain any recorded-sound, it's
an empty wav file.

Thank you