Re: upgrade to linux 2.6.3 causing strange behaviour

On Saturday 28 February 2004 22:03, Walt Nelson wrote:
> If you are using KDE 3.2 go into Control Center -> Sound & Multimedia ->
> Sound System -> Hardware and change it to Threaded Open Sound System
> Automatic causes the error you get. BTW if you use 2.6.3-mm4 you no longer
> get the error.

If I do this, I don't get the bad performance, but I also don't get any sound.
I presume that is because I am defining the ALSA sound modules elsewhere, and
this doesn't define ALSA.

I don't particularly want to roll my own kernels

--
Alan Chandler
alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk