Re: GNOME font problem.

On Fri, 2004-02-27 at 08:33, Adam Funk wrote:

> I've restarted the X-server.  The GTK applications font has changed to
> something slightly less offensive but still too big.  How can I fix
> this -- can I just manually set the GTK app font somehow?

You can use the gtkfontsel tool in the gtkfontsel package to browse
through the fonts GTK1 has available to it and copy the actual X font
name string.  You can then set that as your font in the .gtkrc file
(.gtkrc.mine is what you're supposed to use in debian, I believe).

I have the following directive in mine:

style "default"
{
  font = "-Misc-Fixed-Medium-R-Normal--15-140-75-75-C-90-ISO8859-1"

}

Keep in mind that I have no real idea how gtk1 works with fonts.
There's probably a better way to configure your fonts through your
desktop environment.

--
Chris Eisley <chris@cepheus.net>