Re: wireless bridge, & nic IP addressing

On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 01:18:27PM -0800, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 00:19:01 +0100
> Jan Minar <jjminar@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > The `bridge' is your only gateway to the Internet, right?  Then the only
> > thing you have to do is:
> >
> > # which ip || apt-get install iproute
> > # ip route add AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD/32 dev eth0
> > # ip route add default via aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd dev eth0
> >
> > Where AAA.BBB.CCC.DDD is the `bridge' IP address in the dotted decimal
> > format (ISP range, private range, whatever, doesn't matter).  (I suppose
> > the `bridge' is configured correctly.)
>
> Thanks for the tip. I'm getting closer, but not sure of the correct syntax.

That wasn't a tip.  That was a solution to the problem as stated by
you.  Please extrapolate any information you need from this solution.
Peruse the iproute documentation.  You may of course ask intelligent
questions.  Use your brain properly, and don't expect mindless posting
to debian-user to be a substitute for thinking.

HTH

--
``You know those mail clients:  MS Outlook, mail(1), or even telnet(1).
  All of them suck.  This one just sucks less.''