wireless bridge, & nic IP addressing

I just got my wireless internet this morning, and have run into a
small problem.

The wireless bridge, attached to my nic has been assigned a static IP
(for the time being), and to get my nic (eth0) to find it, it was also
assigned an IP address in my ISP's range. Not a good thing.

I, quickly, attemted to assign a 192.168.*.* address to eth0, and
point it towards the beidge, but that did not work..

I know there is a way to get my nic address off of my ISP's address
range, but have not figured it out, yet.

What can I do to get my nic (eth0) with a non internet IP address
(192.168.1.2) to find the bridge?

Thanks

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@pe.net>	Registered Linux User #96112