Re: apt-get rollback <packagename> !?!

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 10:42:40PM +0100, David Baron said
> On Wednesday 25 February 2004 19:01,
> debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:
> > While I agree that this feature would be awesome, I believe I've seen
> > many discussions indicating that this would be a lot more difficult to
> > implement than it might seem.
>
> Awesome and or difficult, we see now it has become necessary.

Um, it's not generally possible to downgrade packages at all, much less
automagically.  If something breaks, file a bug, then install the
previous version from /var/cache/apt/archives/ with dpkg.

--
Rob Weir <rweir@ertius.org> | mlspam@ertius.org  |  Do I look like I want a CC?
Words of the day:  IDEA Qaddafi Oil deals terrorism codes blackjack FBI Kennedy