Re: How can I make a local package repository available to apt?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2004 at 07:29:45PM +0000, Alexis Huxley wrote:
> > I've got a collection of a bunch of debian packages. They're not organized in any way, just a directory full of .debs. How can I make apt recognize  this repository? I tried adding
> >
> > deb file:/home/dh/download/debian/
> >
> > to the apt-sources file, but of course apt balks at this as it is "malformed" because it doesn't have the sections listed after the directory. The
> >  .debs come from all sorts of sections of the official debian distro. How can I make this work?
>
> Look at
> http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/STABLE/advocacy/ahdg/ahdg/node4.html#SECTION00450000000000000000
> and
> http://dione.no-ip.org/~alexis/STABLE/advocacy/ahdg/ahdg/node2.html#SECTION00242000000000000000

Or another possibility.

	deb file:/home/dh/download debian/

You can create the required Packages file with apt-ftparchive (and prob.
other tools too.)

--

Chris Harris <charris@rtcmarketing.com>
GNU/Linux --- The best things in life are free.