How can I make a local package repository available to apt?

Hi folks,

I've got a collection of a bunch of debian packages. They're not organized in any way, just a directory full of .debs. How can I make apt recognize  this repository? I tried adding

deb file:/home/dh/download/debian/

to the apt-sources file, but of course apt balks at this as it is "malformed" because it doesn't have the sections listed after the directory. The
 .debs come from all sorts of sections of the official debian distro. How can I make this work?

Thanks, --Daniel
Extra-Konto: 2,50 %* Zinsen p. a. ab dem ersten Euro! Nur hier mit 25
Euro-Tankgutschein & ExtraPrämie! https://extrakonto.web.de/?mc=021110