Re: QuickTime for Linux?

Or if you follow my post you can add the line to /etc/apt/sources.list
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main
do

aptitude update
aptitude install mplayer-386 mplayer-mozilla mplayer-fonts w32codecs

(or instead of mplayer-386 use accelerated mplayer-686 mplayer-k6
mplayer-k7 and instead of w32codecs there is also w32codecs-light)

and you are up and running. This includes both the non-gui and the gui
versions. The only issue I am having is that for some reason it ignores
entries in /etc/mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf.

If any of the plugins are missing you can just drop them into
/usr/lib/win32

(There is also the mplayerplug-in package I think in unstable but I
never tried it).