Re: QuickTime for Linux?

Bijan Soleymani declaimed:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 09:34:02PM -0800, Paul Mackinney wrote:
> > I'm running Debian/Sarge. Bummed that I can't watch those funny MoveOn
> > political ads. Help? Other streaming video works fine.
>
> Mplayer can play quicktime files (with the approriate plugin).
> Check out their homepage:
> http://www.mplayerhq.hu
>
> Technical/legal/packaging/various other reasons prevent Debian
> from shipping mplayer, but there are some precompiled debs out
> there if you don't feel like compiling from source.
>
> Bijan
Thanks very much. I use mplayer, managed to compile it but not the gui
package, struggling with optimization. DVD's play tolerably but with
some stutter at peak load (Celeron Coppermine/600MHz/512MB/AGP Matrox
G400 w/16 MB -- advice appreciated off list). Downloading codecs now.

Paul
--
Paul Mackinney
paul@mackinney.net