Re: gnome

Nitebirdz escribió:

On Sat, Feb 21, 2004 at 10:07:21PM -0400, Vikram wrote:
That surprises me.  The Gnome is already 2.4.2 stable, why is Debian lagging
in adopting a newer version of Gnome.  If I were to install Debian 3.0_r2,
what would I have to get the benefits of the latest version of Gnome?  Do I
have to install a lot of packages or apt-get can take care of the entire
Gnome suite?  Sorry if my questions sound dumb.

GNOME 2 made it to sarge already (1), so perhaps you should run that version
instead.  If you still want to stick to woody, then use the backports (2).
You should be able to find lots of information about GNOME 2 and Debian just
by searching in Google.

(1) http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=1039

(2) http://www.debianplanet.org/node.php?id=992

Nitebirdz