Re: [Fwd: Re: Anti-aliasing fonts in OpenOffice & vncserver]

Mike Fedyk wrote:
Mike Fedyk wrote:

Tim Waugh wrote:

The fontconfig library does client-side text rendering.

Thanks. I looked it up and it looks like it's freetype that does the rendering.

There's a new package in Debian Unstable and the changelog mentions freetype changes. I'm downloading that now.

Boo!  That didn't help. :(

Changed my color depth from 16bit to 24bit, and now OpenOffice has anti-aliased fonts!

With 16bpp, xvncviewer 3.3.7 is very snappy, but vncviewer 3.3.7 on Win2k Pro is not nearly as snappy and uses a lot of CPU on the client. Raising my color depth to 24 also made the viewer faster on windows (over a 100Mbps LAN) surprisingly enough.

I'm happy.  :-D