RE: [Fwd: Re: Anti-aliasing fonts in OpenOffice & vncserver]

Mike,

Many of graphics drivers for higher-spec cards seem to be optimised for
32-bit data transfers, so if you select a 32bpp (24 bit colour) mode then
the card may actually be faster than in 16-bit mode.  There are also issues
to do with colour translation that affect things.

VNC Viewer 4 should be faster on the Windows client, since it uses a more
efficient rendering algorithm.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.