Re: dselect refusing to upgrade packages in unstable?

Chris wrote:
On Sun, 2004-02-22 at 18:55, Henry Hollenberg wrote:
Henry Hollenberg wrote:

I keep getting a line from dselect about packages that will
not be upgraded:

98 upgraded, 36 newly installed, 0 to remove and 71 not upgraded.

I wonder, have I screwed something up?

Regardless of how this came to be, all you need to do is read.

dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of libxt-dev:

 libxt-dev depends on libxt6 (= 4.3.0-2); however:
  Package libxt6 is not installed.

Try installing that one first. See what happens.

Chris

Checked into that and dselect showed libxt6 as being selected for
installation already....I didn't "+" it honest!

I did look around and noticed xlib was not marked for installation
so I marked it "+".

I also noticed a message about "correcting dependencys" go by...

after about three more runs of dselect all the errors sorted themselves
out and the packages installed...

I had previosly run dselect serveral times in a row with no luck
so I don't know what happened...either one of the developers fixed
some dependency issues or it was the xlib package.

Thanks for the help, hgh.
--
Henry Hollenberg
hgh@rcwm.com