Re: /mnt created at boot?

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 11:03:53PM -0500, Jeff Elkins wrote:
| I'm working on a system where upon boot the /mnt directory is created and
| quite a few subdirs underneath as well (floppy,cdrom,cdrom1,etc).

| Is this type of behavior part of autofs?

It could be.  Start looking in /etc/auto.master and see where the
configuration leads you.  It could also be part of an init script.

| I'm trying to turn it off, along with
| having /dev/cdrom and /dev/cdrom1 erased with each reboot...

Is the system using devfs?  If so, then that's why manually created
stuff in /dev disappears on power down.  When using devfs, use the
config files in /etc/devfs to specify how to automatically (re)create
any links you want.  You can determine if devfs is being used if the
output of 'mount' reports it.  (also, you can determine if devfsd is
running if the file /dev/.devfsd exists)

| This is a mepis-install, dist-upgraded to sid.

I haven't heard of mepis-install before.

HTH,
-D

--
One OS to rule them all, one OS to find them,
One OS to bring them all and in the darkness bind them,