Re: Impossible to unload ide-scsi and oss drivers

> > I want to unload several modules from my system, I can unload them but
> > when I reboot the modules are loaded again!!!
>
> OK, just to clarify, because what you say above is different from your
> subject line:  you *are* able to unload the modules.  It's just that
> when you boot the next time, they load again, and you don't want them
> to.  You want the unloading to be permanent.  Right?

That's right, my mistake :)

> As you've already checked /etc/modules . . .find out if you have the
> "discover" package installed.  It's software that detects your hardware
> and loads appropriate drivers; in the boot sequence, it runs before the
> ALSA scripts do.  If so, the OSS modules are probably being inserted by
> it.  You can edit /etc/discover.conf to prevent discover from loading
> specific modules.
>
> I'm not sure about ide-scsi -- I wouldn't have thought that discover
> would mess with that, but you can check.  Check also your lilo.conf
> or grub menu (depending on which you're using) to see if it's being
> called for in the kernel boot arguments.  It might be helpful to look
> at the logs of the boot process and see just *when* ide-scsi is
> loaded, and what's going on in the boot process around then.  That
> would give a clue as to what's doing it.

discover was the problem! I disabled scsi and sound from discover.conf and the
problem was gone. Thank you Chris!

Nueva forma de conectarse a internet en URUGUAY
Tel. 0909.20.30   =>   Acceso 100% digital 56K!
Promocion lanzamiento: $0,10 mas IVA el minuto.
http://www.internet.com.uy - Internet en serio.