Re: Dual boot Debian/Windows question

Mark Phillips wrote:

My laptop is set up to dual boot Debian (sid) and Windows 2000. What is
the best way to be able to share files between the two OSs?
The Linux howtwo on this subject warns about directly mounting My
Documents from Windows in Linux, and suggests creating a separate vfat
partition to share files. Is that really necessary? What are the reasons
(they were not mentioned in the article)?
Thanks

Mark

Hi,

yes, it helps alot to keep the things separated as much as you can. Mainly because a separated FAT32 partition it contains no system mechanisms to damage and is fully readable and writable for both the systems (d:\, /dos). Keeping your stuff in a shared disk is useful also when you want to scratch one of the OS. I mount the win partition manually everytime I need, without a permanent mount.

regards, Fabrizio