Taking a module from another kernel?

Is it possible to compile a single module from a later kernel source for my current kernel?

I'm using the stock Debian kernel-image-2.4.18-1-686, but the driver for my sound card only works in 2.4.20 and later. I want to keep running the Debian one for the stability and the security updates, though. Is there some way to take i810_audio.c from the 2.4.20 kernel sources and compile it for my 2.4.18? It doesn't seem like it would be all that different from other third-party modules (like NVIDIA's), except that I don't have a Makefile ready.

Any tips?

--
Joel Konkle-Parker
Webmaster  [Ballsome.com]