Re: gnome

Vikram writes:
> That surprises me.  The Gnome is already 2.4.2 stable, why is Debian
> lagging in adopting a newer version of Gnome.

Woody is _Stable_.  That means it doesn't change, except for backported
security fixes and occasional backports of fixes for serious bugs.  This is
a feature.

> If I were to install Debian 3.0_r2, what would I have to get the benefits
> of the latest version of Gnome?

You would have to install a backport.  If you want to be on the bleeding
edge install Unstable.  If you'd prefer to be just behind it install
Testing.

--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org