Re: anyone user exim and spamassasin?

On Fri, Feb 20, 2004 at 09:51:04PM -0500, tony peel wrote:
| I?m hoping this list will help me shed some light on a
| problem ive run into with my install of exim 3.35 and
| spamassassin 2.20 which were both installed from
| apt-get.
|
| First off does anyone have this configuration running
| successfully?

Once upon a time I did.  (ie back before those versions became
obsolete)

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin/

| My problem is this : The messages appear to have 2
| sets of headers, the original exim header, then a new
| set of headers containing the spamassassin info. But
| these headers are located after a blank line, causing
| mail clients to interpret this as message text.

http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/config_docs/exim-spamassassin/node6.html

-----
Edit /etc/default/spamassassin to start `spamd' at boot time and to and not add a From_ header (a line starting with ``From '') at the top of the messages. The From_ header will really break your mail because the From_ header is only for mbox mailboxes and is used to separate messages.

# Change to one to enable spamd
ENABLED=1
OPTIONS="-F 0"
-----

The way you are running SA, it is adding a newline followed by the
"From_" separator before the message is passed back into exim.
Therefore, exim sees a message with no headers and just a body.
Therefore exim fills in the required headers as best as it can at that
point.

Either upgrade spamassassin to something non-ancient, or lart it as
documented above.

-D

--
If your life is a hard drive,