From: tony peel [mailto:tonypeel2004@yahoo.ca]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 6:51 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: anyone user exim and spamassasin?

I'm hoping this list will help me shed some light on a
problem ive run into with my install of exim 3.35 and
spamassassin 2.20 which were both installed from
apt-get.

First off does anyone have this configuration running
successfully? And secondly would anyone mind sharing
their exim.conf file .

My problem is this : The messages appear to have 2
sets of headers, the original exim header, then a new
set of headers containing the spamassassin info. But
these headers are located after a blank line, causing
mail clients to interpret this as message text.

spamcheck:
    driver = pipe
    command = /usr/sbin/exim -oMr spam-scanned -bS
    transport_filter = /usr/bin/spamc
    bsmtp = all
    home_directory = "/tmp"
    current_directory = "/tmp"
    # must use a privileged user to set
$received_protocol
    # in the second exim process!
    user = mail
    group = mail
    return_path_add = false
    log_output = true
    return_fail_output = true
    prefix =
    suffix =

spamcheck_director:

    # do not use this director when verifying a
local-part at SMTP-time
    no_verify
    condition = "${if and { {!def:h_X-Spam-Flag:} {!eq
{$received_protocol}{spamscanned}} {!eq
{$received_protocol}{local}}} {1}{0}}"
    driver = smartuser
    transport = spamcheck