Re: Congratulations

I agree with the other post that suggests to install nothing at
install time except the minimal preselected stuff - then tweak it
later using a method of your choice.

cheers

dc

Speaking for relatively ignorant beginners like myself, I believe there'd be fewer complaints about the installation process if it had two options, (other than choice of language)

1.. the current installation with all its frills.to satisfy those who believe that it's a learning process and it'll do you good

2.. a simple installation that doesn't require any decisions except for cfdisk but mainly installs enough apt or aptitude to access the CD set and a printable menu (with descriptions and recommendations for different configurations) of packages on the CDs.

Could option #2 be done with floppies?

alex