Re: Can't locate module sound-slot-1

Hello

Luc Lefebvre (<luc.lefebvre@mcgill.ca>) wrote:

> I keep getting the following message in my logs:
>
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
> modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-service-1-0
>
> Yet when I look at my modules.conf file I only have one entry,
>
> alias libranet-sound-0 i810_audio
>
> I am stumped as to where the system is getting the "idea" that it has
> a second sound card?
>
> Any insinght into this would be welcome.

Maybe some sound server like arts is causing the messages. If you use
KDE, check the control center (sound/multimedia or something like
that). If you don't find the reason and the message annoys you, add the
lines

alias sound-slot-1 off
alias sound-service-1-0 off

to your /etc/modules.conf. If Libranet uses update-modules like Debian
does, edit /etc/modtils/aliases instead and run update-modules.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674
Registered Linux User #267976