Re: Access to ttyS0 and ttyS1 confusion

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 04:23:35PM -0600, Mark Gillingham wrote:
> When I issue a setserial or statserial command on ttyS0 or ttyS1, both
> internal ports, the commands hang and I just ^C out. The commands on
> ttyS2 and ttyS3 behave normally. Since I mostly ignore the internal
> serial ports when I installed, I bet I missed something. Something
> might be amiss in BIOS too, but I'm not sure where to look. I know how
> to get to the BIOS settings, but I'm not too sure about what I'm seeing
> when I get there. Any ideas appreciated.

Is tis a laptop by any chance? Do you have a winmodem at COM1.  Anything
else suspicious at COM2?

--
Mike

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com