Re: Netware print server with pserver

On Thu, 2004-02-19 at 17:58, Ian Melnick wrote:
> Hello all,
>

> I've been trying to get one of my cups printers shared through a netware
> 5 server, and have run into a strange issue.
>
> In netware I set up the print queue as a normal printer with ndps.
> Netware clients have no trouble seeing the printer on the server. The
> queue is configured to allow servers to attach themselves to it.
>
> On the Linux side, I try:
>
>   server:# pserver -S NWSRV -U admin -c 'lpr -P printer' -d -q LPRINTER
>   Could not attach to queue LPRINTER: Unknown Server error (0x89EA)
>
> IPX is set up correctly afaik; I can use ncpmount to mount 'NWSRV' and
> can read the files on it. What do I have to do to get pserver to print
> to it?

Quick run through, Netware server HAS to have a copy of the NDS on it
for Bindery Emulation. Set the context and everything.

And you don't need IPX either, straight IP (provided you have it setup
on the Netware side properly) is all you need.

There are a buncha things you could do also. You could also allow BSD
LPR service (port 515) that netware can print to easily.

Depends on many things.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup