Re: Installation of SEPLib on Debian Woody

On February 18, 2004 11:38 pm, s. keeling wrote:
> > Hmm... I don't know about alien... think I may have heard of it,
> > but have never actually tried to use it.  I just tried to install
> > using rpm -i
>
> Bad idea.  On Debian, use .debs.

Okies... I just tried to do the alien thing, and it seemed to just
freeze on me.  Does the conversion generally take a really long time?
(It must have been over 20 min at the time I broke out of the
command, and the .rpm file is only about 74MB.)

I'm a little frustrated, because previous versions of the SEPLib
package were _much_ easier to install from source.  They didn't
require F90 or anything like that... it was optional..... <sigh>

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions (and please keep them coming :O)

Brad