Re: Debian Sarge MIMEDefang with Exim

On Tuesday 17 February 2004 05:09 am, Colin Watson wrote:
> File a bug report? The maintainer probably doesn't read this list,
> and he's best placed to know the answer to your question.

Here's a better idea.  Ask him why.  Probably he doesn't consider it to
be as bug.  Maybe "upstream" requires sendmail, and doesn't work with
exim.  Ask him why.  Probably he doesn't consider it to be a bug.
Maybe he never thought of it.

Actually, it doesn't seem odd to me at all.  Debian has lots of
packages, and often provides several alternatives for a job.  There are
many applications that rely on a particular set of other applications.

Please don't file a bug report when something is working as advertised.