Fwd: Mplayer-plugin -- SOLVED!

Dear friends:

Problem solved. Thanks to a suggestion from one of the mplayer-plugin team, I
installed the command-line "mplayer" version of Mplayer in addition to
mplayer-gui and mplayer-common.Apparently mplayer-plugin needs the
command-line "mplayer" to work.

By the way, I got the Debian packages by downloading the rpms from Falsehope
(see Mplayer's web site http://www.mplayerhq.com). I then converted them to
Debian using "alien."

The "mplayer" version of Mplayer is just one executable. You put it in /usr/
bin, run "mplayer" from the command line once, then go back to
www.cbsnews.com and, voila, all the videos play!

How glorious!

Thanks so very much.

Benjamin