Re: cyrus21: password and login shell?

Bengt Thure'e wrote:

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:

That is not going to add a password for user cyrus.  Maybe you had a
_system_ cyrus user already, that had a password ?

Hej,

Thanks, I will just have to re-install this small computer sometime this week to re-verify.

Just removed (apt-get remove --purge cyrus.....) and deluser cyrus, followed by re-installing it again... and voila, no password for the cyrus user. Have no clue what happend before. I am sure I did not manually give it a password though.

Thanks for the prompt reply though.

/Bengt
Hmm... Now I remember...

I could not log on to cyradm to create my users... Stupid me, totally forgot this, as well as forgetting to figure out how to log on to cyradm without having a password on cyrus user.

This is the difference between the default imapd.conf and the one I have.
mollie:/etc# diff imapd.conf /tmp
44c44
< #admins: cyrus
---
> admins: cyrus

Ok, I just put in my user as one of the admins and then I could use cyradm to create my mailboxes.

/bengt