Re: How to install Debian with Promise FastTrak 376 chip onboard?

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 01:07:54AM +0000, Antony Gelberg wrote:
> All correct, what a plum I am.  Except for this.  I asked not to be CC'd.
> You CC'd me.  The fact that your MUA uses Mail-Followup-To: does not remove
> your obligation to check that the To: field of an email that you send
> is correct.  A lot of people on the list don't use Mutt, and manage to
> get the reply correct even without the benefit of Mail-Followup-To:.
> I don't think list policy mentions correct setting of follow ups,
> desirable though that may be.
>
> FWIW, I have been aware of this for some weeks and do plan to correct it
> when I get a moment.

Your lack of preparation is not my cause for concern.

The simple fact is if your MUA wasn't using established standards
(insofar as Mutt follows established standards) to indicate that you do
indeed desire a CC on your reponse, you wouldn't be getting them.

I'm doing my part by hitting list-reply.  I'm have all SIGs blocked,
because I don't care to read anybody else's philosopy or contact info:
don't put info in there that must be read.

You really are the limit.