Re: How to install Debian with Promise FastTrak 376 chip onboard?

Hi Nano Nano,

to supply a floppy during setup is no problem. There in the Debian 3
installer is an option "Preload modules from disk". And that is all I ask
for, the modules (binary device drivers for Promise FastTrak 376), so that I
can put it on disk, that the Installer detects my Promise FastTrak 376
controller.

Danny

"Nano Nano" <40208.nospam@comcast.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 10:26:52PM +0100, Danny wrote:
> > Hi Nano Nano,
> >
> > thank you for your posting, but I'm an absolute Linux beginner. I have
> > installed only Windows, so I can't compile a new kernel, as I have no
Linux
> > avaiable.
> >
> > All I need is for the installation some binary driver that the Debian 3
R2